Monday, June 20, 2011

Shin Se Kyung and Jonghyun Break Up





I was sitting down ALL day at work thinking of what to write about.  I considered writing about the training processes, the lack of rest that some idol stars get, why some idol stars are so popular as opposed to others...but nothing really seemed quite right.  And then, I came home and went on AKP only to find out that Shin Se Kyung and Kim Jonghyun had broken up.

So, of course, since this is kpop imo, I'll give my thoughts on the whole thing.


Eight months ago, when the news was released that they were dating, there was a whole lot of mixed emotions.  Some of the more rational fans thought it was good that they had both found someone they liked and were bold and strong enough to go public.  There were some who believed that it was a cover up by SME to divert attention away from the JYJ vs SME scandal.  Other fans were heartbroken because I guess in their crazy little minds, this lessened the chances of them being with SHINee's lead vocalist (even though the chances were already close to non existent anyway.  However, everyone (with the exception of those who thought it was a cover up) had gotten used to the thought, and many had even accepted and approved of it.  And now, this.  Sad right?

Honestly, I couldn't care any less about whether or not they're together.  Then again, that might just be my personality.  I'm one of those people who wishes that celebrities (from everywhere) were able to have more of a private life.  Why should they have to answer to us, the fans, when they decide to date (and in this case, break up?).  After reading some of the comments under the article, I've gathered that many people are undeniably happy that the union has ended and that just as many people are sad.  My question to both groups is why?  It IS their lives.  Apparently, they're fine with the split.  The reason they broke up is because they're both too busy. They probably haven't even seen each other much over the past few months anyway, which means that the relationship wasn't really growing, so what was the point of being in one.  They decided to remain friends; if this is true, then there are no hard feelings.  Anyone who's ever been through a break up knows that when you harbor any strong emotions for the other party, there's no such thing as remaining as friends, right?  So yeah, I doubt anyone's heartbroken.  Of course, this is only MY OPINION.

Still, though, as a fan of both parties, I wish them all the best in their respective careers.  I hope that this doesn't have any negative effect on either of them, because we all know how some, and I stress the word some, fans can become.  I also wish for their happiness, and if that includes a boy/girlfriend, then I hope they find that right person that can complete them and all of that good stuff. Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment