Thursday, July 12, 2018

Yang YeWon Scandal IMO (Suicide of CEO Update)

Spent a few days travelling, and now I'm back. I heard about the suicide of the CEO who Yang YeWon accused of sexual harassment and, of course, I had my own opinion on the matter. The reality is that a lot of people are now saying that he was definitely guilty and that his suicide confirms the matter. I, on the other hand, don't feel the same.


Let me first clarify that I don't believe he was totally innocent. Other accusers have stepped forward, and according to several news sources, they appear to have a strong case against the accused CEO. I am going to address this situation as clearly as I possibly can. Please keep in mind that I do not have a law degree or even background. This is just my opinion on the matter.

We are not sure of the reason why he committed suicide. He may have been guilty of sexually harassing Yang, but - even though this is purely speculation - I think he was more afraid of the fact that more, and this time actual victims, came out against him. He may have realized that his life was pretty much over (since Koreans wouldn't really make it easy for him to live after this scandal). Maybe he felt desperate and wrongly accused by Yang and felt like since no one would believe he didn't commit any crimes against her, his life was as good as over anyway.

Apparently, there are petitions for Yang Yewon to be prosecuted for her role in his suicide. I do agree that, if he did not sexually harass her, she should face some sort of penalty. My reason is simple, if he leaked the photos, he would deserve some sort of punishment. At the same time, while I believe it would be in the best interest of everyone to know that it isn't the wisest decision to take nudes with him or his affiliates, her intention was not to get justice for her leaked nudes, but rather to make it appear as though she was a totally innocent of anything that might reflect badly on her.

He may have been scum to other women, and if that is the case with these new victims, they have every right to come forth and he should have lived to receive the punishment for those victims. However, I absolutely hate liars and I am a firm believer that people should not have to suffer or be punished for something they didn't do - no matter how bad they are. If he was as bad as we want to believe, then he would have eventually received the punishment he had coming. But by lying, and I think I said this in my last article, Yang attacked the credibility of real victims and made him a victim, as well.

My heart goes out to his real victims. Who knows? Maybe they are happy that he's dead and can't hurt anyone else in any capacity. Or maybe they would have preferred that he lived to receive what he was due. Either which way, he is now out of the picture and I do agree with those who say that Yang should face the law if she lied about him sexually harassing her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment