Friday, February 10, 2012

K Dramas

One of my greatest loves as a k-entertainment fan is the dramas.  Over the past year, I watched quite a few dramas.  Some of them I loved, others bored me to bits.  So, here's my view on the dramas.

First, there's always some sort of love triangle or square or pentagon.  It makes for an interesting plot of jealousy and fighting for the person you love, but there must be something else that happens in life, like something bigger than that.  I wonder what a drama would be like if there was no love triangle, just a few people, one couple and the rest friends who have to deal with a few life crisis's (lol I mean more than one crisis).  

Then, there's the annoying as hell lead female character who is either helpless, poor, naive or a pushover.  There have been a few exceptions to this (based only on the dramas that I've watched of course), but the majority of the characters are retarded and annoying.   Even though my heart goes out to the character, more often than not, I just want to reach out and smack them upside the head for being so stupid.  Especially when the character starts off with a good personality (smart, pretty, rich and strong headed) and then turns into a mute idiot when they need to speak up and defend themselves most. 

Those are my biggest issues with the dramas that I've watched.  Now, after saying all that, here's a short list of some of my favorite dramas.

1. Marry Me Mary/Mary Stayed Out All Night - both guys started off as jerks...so psssssssssh





















2. You're Beautiful - although it was ridiculously predictable, there was a lot of humor

3.  Protect the Boss - One word: Jaejoong


4. My Girlfriend is a Nine-Tailed Fox - the main male wasn't that much of a jerk, only a bit selfish, Shin Min Ah is a brilliant actress (Lee Seung Gi is a great actor too) and there was a mix of sci-fi and comedy with the romance and the regular boring plot.


6. Shining Inheritance - the lead femal character wasn't a push over or stupid...she was actually quite admirable.



No comments:

Post a Comment