Thursday, February 9, 2012

My Favorite Girl Groups

Most girls don't really follow girl groups. They may listen to one group religiously and maybe a sprinkling of songs, but they don't really follow them as much as they follow boy groups.  I was like that not too long ago.  I was a hardcore Blackjack, and would listen to a handful of songs from other groups, but recently, I've found myself enjoying girl group music.  Here's a short list of my favorite girl groups and a bit of the reason why I like them so much.

1.  2NE1
My favorite girl group (currently) is none other than the queens of swag, 2NE1.  First off, their music matches more to my style. They are probably the only group who doesn't rely on their looks to sell their music.  Instead, they create music that empowers and encourages females.  They have this bad girl thing about them and they're sexy with it.  The first time I watched one of their MV's my mouth literally hit the floor because it was different from what I was used to K-pop girl groups putting out.  My favorite song from this group is "Go Away".





2. 4Minute


While their vocal ability doesn't wow me, I'm still infatuated with this group.  Why? Similar to 2NE1, their image is different from the cutesy one that dominates the industry.  They seem more normal, like me.  While 2NE1 is like the rebels of the industry, 4Minute is  the group of regular girls that don't fit in exactly, but don't really stand out.  My favorite song from this group is Bababa.


3.  Brown Eyed Girls

 Honestly, this group is (in my opinion) the BEST female idol group in the industry.  Their vocalists, Jea, Narsha and Ga-In, are amazing and their rapper, Miryo, in undisputedly the best female idol rapper.  Every member in this group is sexy and they have really cool personalities as well.  Their music, similar to 2NE1, goes beyond just fluff and has great appeal to anyone who wants to listen to something more mature.  And they have great stage presence. Favorite song: their latest hit Sixth Sense.




4. Secret
Lastly, I love this group. Not a hundred percent sure why, but I do.  Their voices aren't extremely light, instead they have rich vocals.  And their music is fun.  I guess that's all really. My favorite song from this here group is Madonna.






No comments:

Post a Comment