Sunday, February 26, 2012

My First Ever Music Video Review

Hey, I'm back to blogging.  Took a break for a few days after the Jenny Hyun incident since it had upset me THAT much.  But, now I'm back and I'm alright.

A lot has been happening this past week, and most of the news was about Block B.  Of course, the media and the K netizens really pissed me off...and so did some of the Thai netizens who actually created a hate page on Facebook.  Anyway, this entry is not related to Block B, simply because I'm tired of the negativity and unfairness of their situation.  Instead, I decided to do a music video review, which is something I've never done before...like ever.

So, here's the video I chose to review:
The Song:
It's kind of hard to accept this as a real song.  In kpop, songs don't have to be the best to be loved.  Girls Generation "Oh" went viral, and there wasn't much musical genius behind that.  Yet, this song is just...horrible. It's a mess, really.  The good thing though is that some people will like this song since they're fans of the group anyway.

The Video:
Remember a few years ago when U-KISS released their Man Man Ha Ni music video?  Well, this sort of reminded me of that.  Except ManManHaNi was easier to listen to and the video was much more professional looking.  Honestly, I though SM was stingy when it came to Super Junior music videos, but they have absolutely nothing on Twilight.  The video editing was...let's just say that it looked like I did it (and I can't even work Windows Movie Maker).

The good thing is, the video isn't painfully horrible.  When I first watched the video, I was like, "This isn't it...this can't be it."  But I ended up laughing at the horribleness of it all.  Honestly, I've watched worse videos.

P.S. They did the Bingeul Bingeul dance thingy there too, did you see it?

Overall Rating: 1/10
They did what they were told to do, and the video does exist, so I guess that it deserves something right?  I'm hoping their next MV is much better.

Final Thoughts
I know this review may have seemed harsh, but it's my honest opinion. I'll do the next video review maybe next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment