Tuesday, September 24, 2013

IU and Clara Scandals

First, I'm going to start off with Clara, because quite frankly, I don't have much to say.  Her scandal is one that may seem a bit overrated.  She's being criticized for lying.  Not only that, but her image is so ruined by it that she may even lose some gigs because of it.  And, once again, I can't help but side with the general public on this.  I, personally, don't want a liar in my space.  It's hard to trust their words.  It's even worse because she's a celebrity and the things she's lying about are things that really don't matter.  No one really cares if she doesn't like chicken and beer.  Everyone cares that you lie about it though.  It's even worse because she's only known for her pretty face and "sexy" body.  I  honestly think it would be best for her to not do any more variety shows at the moment, or even ever.  She's a model, so she should d stick to doing commercials and photoshoots and making appearances at events. Variety shows are tricky to navigate and even the best get caught up on them.  Of course, it's easier for them to bounce back because they have actual talents that they can display for fans that goes beyond looking good.  Clara doesn't.  Therefore, her agency needs to be smart, not greedy, and let her do what she does best: look good.



Now on to IU's issues.  Recently, she's been making headlines quite often.  Her comeback is coming up and all of her fans are looking forward to it.  However, amongst this good news, there has been some nasty (and not so nasty) rumors floating around about her.  We all know about the Twitter picture scandal with Super Junior's Eunhyuk.  It seems that that has fueled hatred, not only among Eunhyuk's fans, but with her fans as well.  

Someone has been spreading rumors about Korea's little sister.  The rumors were that she was pregnant and either secretly engaged or secretly married to Eunhyuk (can't really remember which).  Either which way, it doesn't even matter any more because the person spreading the rumor has been caught.  

My opinion on this is that I think Leon Ent did a good job with ignoring the rumors to be honest. I mean, they feel as if because they ignored it, it got out of control.  But how often does pregnancy rumors spread about regular people.  I've had that rumor spread about me on at least two different occasions, in two different countries.  Most times, it's spread by some hateful person with nothing better to do with their time than to discuss someone else's life.  And it seems to be true in this case since the person spreading the rumors was not only an adult, but a man.  

Rumors like these can be hurtful, especially if you're living in a society where celebrities are supposed to be "perfect".  I still think these rumors were more humorous than anything else though.  Not as humorous as in, "Haha he made a funny."  More like humorous in, "Well, we know it's not true, but it would be so cool if they did get married." 

I personally think that Eunhyuk and IU make a cute couple.  I was actually a little disappointed when the original scandal broke out because I actually had this belief that they were a couple.  And then they both denied anything more than friendship.  

Anyway, I wish IU all the best on her comeback. I probably won't bother watching any lives since I'm not really a fan, but I'll watch the MV once it's released. 

No comments:

Post a Comment