Thursday, September 12, 2013

JYPE To Release Up to 4 New Groups?

At a press conference, the CEO of JYPE (no, it's not JYP), Jung Wook, announced that the company will expanding it's services, maybe to include travel.  I love that idea.  Make it easier for fans to get tours and the likes.  It sounds nice.  An update to that article though stated that there are currently two boy bands and one girl band in preparation for debut.

I won't get down on the company about the Wonder Girls not having a comeback (one of the members just got married after all) or Miss A (who is actually under a subsidiary label) or 2AM's lack of promotions.  No, I won't get into all of that.  However, there is a bit of a problem for me.  You see, there's a duo that was promising to be really successful. Of course, I doubt many people still remember them, seeing as they got a few acting gigs but never promoted after they released their first single.

The duo's name is JJ Project and they were supposed to be a dance group, which was good because they had the talent to do so.  JB has a beautiful voice and is a good enough dancer and same with JR, who was in charge of rap.  They're both extremely good looking and young. You would think that the company would try to push them, seeing as they've already acted in two dramas (Dream High 2 and When A Man Loves) and their popularity has shown potential.  But no, they want to release at least three more groups into an already saturated music industry.  It just doesn't make much sense to me.

Of course, it's not really my problem or place to say that they shouldn't, but from a fan's perspective, I think they should focus on the few artists that they do have. SM and YG do a good job of promoting all of their artists, only letting one out of the spotlight when their popularity has truly died down, but never quite taking them off the market. They understand that fandoms, no matter how small, will spend money on the artists that they like, regardless of that artist's popularity.  And so, they continue to let them promote.  It may not be every six months like the more popular groups, but they still release music and we still see lives and photos and mini albums.

I'm ranting because, yes, I did actually like JJ Project.  I loved two out of three of their songs and it's a darn shame they aren't being pushed  to the forefront of the company.  It's almost like they never really existed.  I'll be content if they just do something for my boys. 

No comments:

Post a Comment